Thursday, September 10, 2009

Make A No Win No Fee Claim

No win no fee road accident cases are becoming increasingly common. After an accident, there are various expenses related to medical treatment, repair of vehicle, lawyers, change of homes etc. There are many victims who are hesitant to seek legal assistance as they feel that lawyers may charge huge fees for helping them in filing claims for road accident compensation. However this is not exactly the case as there are various road accident legal specialists who offer a no win no fee accident claim assistance. This means that the lawyer gives you an assurance that you need not pay any legal fees unless the case is won in your favour and you are awarded the full compensation.

A lawyer specializing in accident compensation claims would be helpful to clear many doubts arising regarding the procedure. A number of things determine the success of road accident compensation claim. The first factor is the time period for reporting such accidents. There is a limitation period for such cases, which normally is three years from the date of the event. Exceptional cases where the victim was under eighteen years of age at the time of accident are given more time. The opportunity to report the accident becomes barred by statute if the time period if not adhered to. Therefore, in cases where the accident took place more than three years ago, finding a no win no fee road accident lawyer to take up the case would be an arduous task.

The doctor who initially attended to the injury would be in possession of the medical details and records pertaining to the accident injury. Medical details are very important while making a road accident claim as it is used by the lawyer as evidence of the type and reason of injury. If required, a second opinion from another medical professional may be obtained.

No win no fee road accident should be reported as soon as possible after an accident has occurred. A solicitor specialized in this field would record the statements of witnesses to the accident as required. Statements of witnesses are of great value in supporting the victim’s case, but the victim should never obtain these statements himself. Under such circumstances, a no win no fee solicitor employed on behalf of the victim would usually obtain signed statements that would support the victim’s version of the accident. Hence it is better to obtain advice on road accident compensation claims from specialists.

Evidence from the accident site should be carefully preserved and presented during the course of the accident claim procedure. The rate of success in a claims process depends on the amount and relevance of evidence produced. Therefore it is advised to take detailed photographs of the accident scene and injuries, if any. A daily record describing the recovery from injury is also helpful in calculating the amount of compensation deserved for pain and suffering. It is proper to preserve carefully all receipts for expenses incurred during the period.

No win no fee road accident lawyers guide you through the tedious process of claiming road accident compensation and also remove the burden of providing evidence. A road accident victim can thereby focus on recovering from injuries without bothering about the fees and expenses related to the accident.

About the Author/Author Bio

The purpose of my articles is to provide all accident compensation information and to help everyone who has a justifiable claim to get the compensation they need to move on in their lives. Visit Accident Injury Compensation Claim for more information.

Article Source:

1 comment:

  1. Now-a-days road accidents are very common. It is the biggest cause of death among 15- to 24-year-olds. It doesn't matter if you undergo a minor accident or a major one, you will end up paying a lot as hospital bills. I n this situation, you need the help of a professional personal injury lawyer to file a personal injury claim. Most personal injury claims can be made on a no win no fee basis. There are some specific issues which include:

    - a claim for road accident compensation must usually be made within 3 years of the accident, but if the claim is for damage to property only this period is reduced to 9 months;

    - a 300 pound excess applies to any claims for damage to property, and which is deducted from the total amount claimed;

    - if you have comprehensive motor insurance you cannot claim for damage to your vehicle and must instead liaise with your own insurers.
    Visit no win no fee claims for more information.